Thursday, February 21, 2008

Unit 4: Assignmnet 1

Fight

When I was in the 8th grade I got into a fight with this girl who was supposed to have been my close fiend at that time. We spent the whole spring break together but when we returned to school and rumors were spread about something she did and I wouldn’t take up for her she got angry and lied on me, by spreading note cards. Of course when you’re a youth at that age in middle school, you let peer pressure make your decisions. So I approached her about the note cards one morning and she caught an attitude so we got into a fight. At first I tried to avoid the fight by not worrying about the note cards, but it upset me that we were supposed to be friends and she went behind my back and lied. The outcome of the fight was, her and I being suspended for 3 days, but she admitted to doing it and she wanted to be friends right away again. But I refused because that was wrong, but after about a month or so I started speaking to her again. It sort of hurt our relationship a little because I will never trust her or be close to her as best friends again. In the end I learned that you can never really trust someone or consider them a true friend until you’ve known them for quite some time, and still keep them close by then to make sure they don’t betray you.

1 comment:

carrie said...

I agree with you Tipporah. I really have to know someone for awhile before I can totally trust them. I can see how your relationship could never be the same after this experience.

Good post. Well written and thorough. 20/20 points.